One difference in my new work is that we are required to take a two week leave every year. I’m not sure if it is the same for the other banks. On the onset, it seems like a really good idea. Two weeks of paid leave! But it does have its pros and cons.
- It’s two whole weeks of unspoiled rest. Even if there’s an emergency at work, you won’t be required to attend to it. In fact, you are kind of “banned” from showing up at work. Lol.
- If you are wise enough in scheduling your leave, you could end up with an almost 15 days of rest. Mine should have been like that. I have scheduled it October 14 to 25. Then recently, it was announced that October 15 and 28 are holidays. This would have meant that I don’t go to work from October 12 to 29.🙂 Unfortunately, I had to re schedule because of the changes in my project schedule. I started my leave yesterday, October 9 and it would end on the 23rd.
- Of course, the leave is paid so aside from being paid, you get to use your allowance for mall hopping. Lol.
- You only have 5 days of leave that you can schedule and use thru out the year. That’s the balance from your 15 day vacation leave.
- It is too costly. Imagine having to schedule two or three out of town trips in a span of 2 weeks. Budget buster. Even a trip to the mall is costly. And if I schedule a family trip? That would mean cost x 8.
- Expect calls / SMS from work. You are not allowed to visit work but it wouldn’t stop your assistant from consulting you from time to time.
- You’d get a bit bored after a while.🙂
For now, I only have one trip scheduled. My Davao trip! And I am also scheduling a trip for my cousin. She would be visiting from UAE and I’m fixing a Bohol trip for her.🙂
Okay, let’s see what else can be done during this leave.🙂